Welcome to The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, I want to give you ten practical tips for preparing and preaching your Easter Sunday sermon. For most churches, Easter is the biggest Sunday of the year. But it can be a frustrating Sunday for many pastors.
What can you do to preach faithfully, clearly, and better this Easter Sunday?
- View Easter as a strategic opportunity.
- Tell the old story again.
- Focus on the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Explain the gospel clearly.
- Call for a verdict.
- Preach as you would regularly preach.
- Be shorter than usual.
- Do not take anything for granted.
- Carefully oversee the other elements of the worship service.
- Finish the sermon preparation early.
Bonus Tip: Pray!!!
- What are you planning on preaching on Easter?
- What principle can you use from this list to help you prepare and preach your Easter Sermon?
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Preaching by Timothy Keller
- A Complete Guide to Sermon Delivery by Al Fasol
Anyone can be sentimental about the Nativity; any fool can feel like a Christian at Christmas. But Easter is the main event; if you don’t believe in the resurrection, you’re not a believer. – John Irving
The Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference will take place September 19-21, 2019 at the Shiloh Church in Jacksonville, Florida. This conference is dedicated to training, promoting, and modeling biblical preaching and teaching. There will be tracks for preaching, Christian education, Pastors’ Wives, Women’s Ministries, and Worship and Arts. Register today!
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section.