Fulfill Your Ministry!
As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. – 2 Timothy 4:5
It is a joy, honor, and privilege to be the president of the 2018 Pastors’ Conference at the Southern Baptist Conference. The conference will meet in Dallas, Texas, June 10-11.
The Pastors’ Conference kicks off the Southern Baptist Convention each year. It is geared toward pastors. But it is a blessing and benefit to all who attend. You are welcome to attend, even if you are not a pastor or a member of the SBC.
This year’s theme is “Fulfill Your Ministry!” (2 Timothy 4:5a). The goal of the conference is to challenge and encourage pastors and church leaders to be faithful to the calling to serve the Lord in local church ministry.
We are living in critical times. The world at its worst needs the church at its best. To reach this culture and generation for Christ, we must live faithful lives, preach faithful messages, and lead faithful congregations. Each message will be a call to faithfulness.
I am excited to have these strong preachers as this year’s speakers:
- Bryan Carter | Concord Church | Dallas, Texas
- Charlie Dates | Progressive Baptist Church | Chicago, Illinois
- Jack Graham | Prestonwood Baptist Church | Plano, Texas
- J.D. Greear | Summit Church | Durham, North Carolina
- Tony Evans | Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship | Dallas, Texas
- James Merritt | Cross Pointe Church | Sugarloaf, Georgia
- Ray Pritchard | Keep Believing Ministries | Dallas, Texas
- Juan Sanchez | High Pointe Baptist Church | Austin, Texas
- Robert Smith | Beeson Divinity School | Birmingham, Alabama
- Cameron Triggs | Grace Alive | Orlando, Florida
- Daven Watkins | First Baptist Church | Pelham, Alabama
We will also have a very special guest speaker. Frank Pomeroy, Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs will share his testimony of trusting God through the tragedy his congregation suffered last summer, including the death of his young daughter.
Worship will be led by Joe Pace and the mass choir of the Shiloh Church in Jacksonville, Florida, where I am privileged to serve. More than one hundred voices will lead us to sing praise to the high name of the Lord Jesus Christ!
Please remember this year’s conference in your prayers. And make plans to join us for two powerful days of preaching, worship, and fellowship!