Welcome to episode #46 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
I believe effective preaching involves faithfulness to the text, clarity of the message, and passion in the delivery. In this episode of the podcast, we’ll talk about advice for using quotations in your sermons.
Here are 5 pieces of practical advice about using quotations in your sermons:
- Decide if you want to use a quotation.
- Be careful about who you quote.
- Make sure the quotation makes the point.
- Use short quotations.
- Do not use too many quotations.
- Do you use quotations in your sermons?
- Why? Or why Not?
- Well Said & Worth Saying by C. Barry McCarty
- Preaching that Connects by Mark Galli & Craig Brian Larson
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
“If I ever wrote a book on preaching, it would contain three words: Preach the Word. Get rid of all the other stuff that gets you sidetracked; preach the Word.” – Charles R. Swindoll
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.