Welcome to episode #43 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you to preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, we’ll talk about 10 basic tips for effective sermon delivery.
Here are ten practical tips for effective sermon delivery…
- Guard your integrity.
- Respect the dignity of the pulpit.
- Master your content.
- Make eye contact.
- Speak conversationally.
- Be passionate about your message.
- Pace yourself.
- Use words carefully.
- Be yourself.
- Be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Question: What is the best piece of advice you have ever received about sermon deliverer.
“We are commissioned to deliver an important message, and our delivery is not that message! When the focus of the sermon is the messenger instead of the message, a cultist following beings to be built around the personality of the preacher.” – Al Fasol
- Power in the Pulpit by Jerry Vines & Jim Shaddox
- A Complete Guide to Sermon Delivery by Al Fasol
- On the Preparation and Delivery of Sermons by John A Broadas
- The Moment of Truth: A Guide to Effective Sermon Delivery by Wayne McDill
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.