Welcome to episode #33 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, I point to seven resources to find good sermon illustrations…
- The Bible
- Biblical Commentaries
- Sermon Illustration Books
- General Reading
- Other Preachers
- Personal Experiences
What do you think? How importance are sermon illustrations to your preaching? Where do you find illustrations for preaching?
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Well-Driven Nails by Byron Forrest Yawn
- Using Illustrations to Preach with Power by Bryan Chapell
- Preaching that Connects by Mark Galli & Craig Brian Larson
- Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference | September 20-22, 2016 | Jacksonville, FL
- The SBTS Expositors Summit | October 25-27 | Louisville, KY
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.