The new book I have contributed a chapter to, Secret Sex Wars: A Battle Cry for Purity, is now available in stores and online. Robert S. Scott, who pastors the Los Angeles Community Bible Church, is the general editor. In it, several pastors from the Los Angeles area – who love Christ, love the scriptures, and love God’s people – have come together to write this volume that presents biblical instruction and Christ-centered principles for sexual purity.
I know that the book title may seem provocative and intimidating. But let me assure you that this is not a self-righteous, unloving, Pharisaical treatise that kicks the fallen, discourages the weak, or afflicts the struggling. Rather, it is light-giving, hope-inspiring, and mind-renewing call for believers to think and behave biblically by the saving power of the Lord Jesus Christ the sanctifying power of the word of God, and the strengthening power of the wonderful Holy Spirit.
Secret Sex Wars is the result of a series of messages we presented at the men’s conference on sexual purity that is hosted by the Los Angeles Bible Training School, where Paul Felix is the president. And, consequently, the book is targeted for the discipleship of African American Christian men. I do not think there should be an apology for this. Indeed, sexual sin is pervasive among all demographics – black and white, young and old, single and married. But you have to start somewhere. And as local pastors, we felt a particular burden for the men in in our churches who struggle with sin, yearn for spiritual victory, and need practical, biblical counsel for their pursuit of godliness.
But this is not a book just for African American men.
– It is for single moms who struggles to raise their sons into responsible, godly young men.
– It is for the parents that are seeking to train their sons and daughters in the ways of the Lord.
– It is for the women who want to remain sexually pure until marriage and to know what to be looking for in a godly mate.
– It is for married women who seek to know how to pray more specifically and strategically for their husbands.
– It is for the small-group that wants a scripture saturated textbook for discussing matters of personal holiness.
– It is for all who love the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
– It is for the new believer or spiritual seeker that seeks to understand what the Bible teaches about Christian sexuality.
– It is for the person who has fallen into sin or has become bound to some sinful habit and wants to know how to change their minds and change their ways.
– It is for pastors who may need some fresh ideas for teaching and preaching on matters of godliness.
– It’s for everyone.
– It’s for you.
If you want to get a copy of this important book or get more information about it, visit your local bookstore. Or visit “Secret Sex Wars” online.