I browsed the exhibit hall at a conference recently. A kindly man at a particular booth struck up a conversation. He even offered me a free book. It was a new book by Alexander Strauch. I was grateful and excited to receive it. (My best friends are people who give me a book I have not read yet.)
Asking the name of the generous book-giver, I discovered it was none other than Alexander Straugh himself!
I have studied the subject of church leadership since I was a young, new pastor. My studies have been greatly aided by the writings of Alexander Strauch, particularly, his books on elders and deacons.
Alexander recently led a retreat for the elders and deacons of Shiloh Church. During his time with us, I had the opportunity to interview Alexander.
These conversations are typically biographical, letting my guests tell the story of his or her life and ministry. This conversation quickly turned into a Bible study. I stopped the taping to get a Bible so I could keep up! This is why Alexander Straugh is suching a blessing. He thinks and talks about spiritual leadership from a stubbornly biblical perspective.
Enjoy the conversation!
Did you find this conversation helpful? Join the conversation in the comments section.
Alexander Straugh Resources
- Biblical Leadership by Alexander Strauch
- Meetings that Work by Alexander Strauch
- Paul’s Vision for the Deacons by Alexander Strauch
- The 15 Descriptions of Love by Alexander Strauch
- Love or Die: Christ’s Wake-Up Call to the Church by Alexander Strauch
- Men and Women: Equal yet Different by Alexander Strauch
- The Hospitality Commands by Alexander Strauch