Welcome to The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode of the podcast, I want to talk to you about how to preach a better sermon next week. We have all had those weeks when we’ve prayed, “Lord, if you get me through this Sunday, I promise I will do better next week”? How do you keep that promise?
Here are seven practical principles to help you preach better this week…
- Start earlier.
- Guard your study time.
- Strive for clarity.
- Talk it through with someone.
- Be content with a B- sermon.
- What from this list do can you implement this coming week as you prepare?
- What would you add to this list?
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Preaching For the Rest of Us by Robby Galaxy & Steven Smith
- Preach by the Book by R. Scott Pace
- “Becoming a Better Expositor” by H.B. Charles Jr”
The Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference will take place September 18-20, 2018 at the Shiloh Church in Jacksonville, Florida. This conference is dedicated to training, promoting, and modeling biblical preaching and teaching. There will be trains for preaching, Christian education, Pastors’ Wives, Women’s Ministries, and Worship and Arts. On Friday, September 21, there will be a live CD recording by the Shiloh Church Choir and Sovereign Grace Music. Register today!