Welcome to episode #40 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you to preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, I want to talk to you about choosing your sermon titles.
Here are seven practical tips to help you when choosing your sermon titles…
- Stimulate interests.
- Emphasize scripture.
- Be user-friendly.
- Don’t overpromise.
- Practice brevity.
- Avoid sensationalism.
- Use variety.
What is your process when choosing a sermon title?
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- On Pastoring by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Preaching that Changes Lives by Mike Fabarez
- Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference | September 20-22, 2016 | Jacksonville, FL
- The SBTS Expositors’ Summit | October 25-27, 2016 | Louisville, KY
- The Shepherd’s Conference | February 28-March 3, 2017
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.