Welcome to episode #029 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preaching faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode of the podcast, we will discuss how to find your voice in the pulpit or develop your style in preaching.
Here are 10 ways to find your voice in the pulpit…
- Study preaching.
- Focus on the message (2 Timothy 4:2).
- Be yourself.
- Expose yourself to great preaching.
- Practice self-critique.
- Get healthy feedback.
- Strive for excellence.
- Be patient.
- Don’t worry about it.
What do you think? How much do you focus on matters of style? What are the factors that have shaped the way you preach over the years?
- Doctrine that Dances by Robert Smith Jr.
- Anointed Expository Preaching by Stephen F. Olford & David L. Olford
- Power in the Pulpit by Jerry Vines & Jim Shaddix
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
I hope you will mark your calendar for the 2016 Cutting It Straight Expository Preaching Conference that will take place September 20-22, 2016 in at the Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida.
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, a question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read in this episode, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.