This is episode #028 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, we talk about seven reasons why I write sermon manuscripts.
Here are 7 reasons why I write sermon manuscripts:
- Write for Accuracy
- Write for Order
- Write for Clarity
- Write for Time
- Write for Audience
- Write for Memorization
- Write for Posterity
- Do you write out your manuscripts?
- Why or why not?
- What do you take to the pulpit with you when you preach?
- Why Johnny Can’t Preach by T. David Gordon
- Well-Driven Nails by Byron Forrest Yawn
- Preaching that Connects by Mark Galli & Craig Larson
- How Sermons Work by David Murray
- On preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
[Tweet “Clarity is its own style.”]
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking the SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.