This is episode #025 of The On Preaching Podcast, the podcast dedicated to helping you preach faithfully, clearly, and better.
In this episode, we will talk about asking the right questions of the text.
Here are give questions you should ask of the text you are studying:
- OBSERVATIONS: What does the text say?
- INTERPRETATIONS: What does the text mean?
- CORRELATION: How does the text relate?
- APPLICATION: How does the text apply?
- REFUTATION: What does the text refute?
- What questions do you ask as you study the word of God?
- What other questions would you recommend?
- Basic Bible Interpretation by Roy B. Zuck
- Living by the Book by Haddon Robinson & William Robinson
- Commentaries For Biblical Expositors by James E. Rosscup
- Famine in the Land by Steven J. Lawson
- Knowing Scripture by R.C. Sproul
- Preaching: How to Preach Biblically by John F. MacArthur Jr.
- Preparing Expository Sermons by Ramesh Richard
- On Preaching by H.B. Charles Jr.
- Cutting it Straight Expository Preaching Conference (September 22-24, 2015)
- The Expositors Summit 2015 | Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (October 27-29, 2015)
If you have an idea for a podcast episode, question to ask, or any feedback from what you have heard or read, leave a message in the comments section. Or send a message by clicking the SEND VOICEMAIL tab to the right of this page.