This morning, we had our first Kingdom-Focused Prayer Meeting at SMBC. Each month, the Saturday before the first Sunday, we will spend an hour in prayer together as a church. Our focus will be on spiritual, kingdom, eternal matters, more than personal requests. We will beseech the Lord God that his name would be hallowed, his kingdom would come, and his will would be done on earth as in heaven. May the Lord smile on these times of corporate prayer.
Here is the prayer guide from this morning’s meeting:
• Pray that we would receive a higher view of God that results in a surpassing passion for his glory (Rom. 11:33-36).
• Pray that our thinking and behavior would be increasingly shaped by the word of God (Rom. 12:1-2).
• Pray that the Lord would give us a greater zeal for the salvation of lost people within our sphere of influence (Luke 19:10).
• Pray that the Lord would help us to obey the Great Commission by striving to make disciples of Jesus Christ among the unreached people groups of the nations (Matt. 28:18-20).
• Pray that the Lord would be intentional and strategic about demonstrating the love of God to those in need through practical acts of Christian service (Matt. 5:13-16).
• Pray that our fellowship would be marked my truth and love that fosters spiritual unity among one another (Eph. 4:11-16).
• Pray for the salvation, spiritual development, and fruitfulness of the children, youth, and young adults of SMBC (Prov. 22:6; Eph. 6:4).
• Pray for ongoing spiritual growth and direction for the pastors and spiritual leaders of SMBC (1 Tim. 4:16).
• Pray for all the governmental officials in authority over us – particularly President Obama and Supreme Court nominee, Judge Sotomayor (1 Tim. 2:1-4)
• Pray that God would teach us to pray with a greater focus on the advancement of the kingdom of God on earth (Col. 1:9-14; Phil. 1:9-11).