This is one of the greatest utterances in all the Bible. It stretches over everything else revealed in scripture. The theme of purity of heart being necessary to see God is vast and infinite and draws in almost every biblical thread. – John MacArthur, Kingdom Living Hear And Now, p. 119
Yesterday, I continued my series of the beatitudes of Jesus, recorded in Matthew 5:3-12, with a message on Matthew 5:8. Here is the sermon skeleton.
Title: “The Window in Your Heart”
Text: Matthew 5:8
Theme: The blessedness of purity of heart
Point: God blesses the pure in heart.
I. What does it mean to be pure in heart?
A. God is looking at your heart.
B. God is looking for purity.
1. Purity of heart is not sinlessness.
2. Purity of heart is a sincere devotion to God
3. Purity of heart is a single devotion to God
II. What does it mean to see God?
A. The natural eye cannot see God.
B. The pure in heart can see God.
1. The pure heart will see God in heaven one day.
2. The pure heart can see God on earth right now.